Other Governance Roles
Hugh Rose on The comics of climate cha… sue mccabe on How do we solve the Gender… Tony on How do we solve the Gender… RVGrin on The end of Kiwibank? Nat on How do we solve the Gender…
- If nobody owns your mortgage note then you are in luck
- How to have a US iTunes account on your iPad, iPhone, Apple TV
- Free Rice: Addictive, but is it a scam?
- Comparing New Zealand to The United States.
- A new power company? No.
- Where does the NZ Government get money?
- Why living in NZ sucks, and how you can profit
- About Lance
- The end of Kiwibank?
- BNZ Sucks: Verified by Visa sucks
- @modsta you would have loved the BMW museum today. Speaking of which - shouldn't that Capri be put out to pasture by now? • 8 hours ago
- Just saw replies from yesterday. My Android phone is Sony Xperia z? running 4.4.2. Copying and pasting between apps works only for some apps • 18 hours ago
- RT @iwantmynameNZ: Unhappy with your email provider? @lancewiggs explains how to create a portable email address iwnt.my/1AvXQJN • 18 hours ago
- RT @petercrow1: On #boards and tech startups: Useful summary from @lancewiggs goo.gl/kcLsKD #corpgov • 18 hours ago
- @MaxRobitzsch fantastic work from all. • 22 hours ago
- Nobody ever mentions that you cannot simply copy and paste between apps on Android. iOS sorted that after v1 years ago. • 1 day ago
- RT @algore: History will not look kindly on those who failed to act on climate--even when fully aware of its dangers: ow.ly/AuxCn • 1 day ago
- RT @WSJ: Breaking: BHP Billiton to create new company for aluminum and manganese assets; full-year profit rises 23% wsj.com • 1 day ago
- RT @emilology: Just saw the saddest thing at the airport: kid trying to play with mum, mother playing candy crush on phone... • 2 days ago
- @IoDNZ he's regarded very very highly by insiders there. • 2 days ago
DisclaimerThese opinions are my own.
Category Archives: auctions
Michael Carney picks up that Trade and Exchange has finally given up on publishing in print. They ceased to be relevant a number of years ago, and will not be missed today. However Trade and Exchange were the Trade Me … Continue reading
There’s an interesting article over at eBay strategies, which talks about how eBay lost the market for classifieds and mentions that Amazon is taking out the top end. (If you work at Trade Me then you should have eBay Strategies … Continue reading
eBay have taken a leaf out of 1-day‘s playbook and have launched a Daily Deal on their UK website. The idea is simple – offer a compelling deal from the homepage, drive traffic to the site each day and sell … Continue reading
Ferrit’s failure has been tipped enough times in these pages – so to make it easy here are the main posts over the past 2 years. I believe that Ferrit failed for three main reasons: Very poor usability, with the … Continue reading
A while back I posted a list of the top 10 things eBay could do to improve: Top 10 things to change at eBay I now believe I missed the most important one: 0: Introduce auto-extend on auctions. Auto-extend makes the auction … Continue reading
It’s not farewell yet, but eBay’s descent in 2008 has been staggeringly complete. I was intending to write about it, but Dinah Balk has done that already. Here it is – 2008 – the year eBay lost its mojo. I’d … Continue reading
A persistent, err, troll over at Bernard Hickey’s blog post on Trade Me and Australia asks an interesting question: “How is Trade Me a productive NZ asset? The answer requires just a little bit of economics, and it is really … Continue reading
The evidence mounts against eBay, as they continue to cast away their franchise. It’s really sad to see this happen as they naturally own their space and should be unassailable if they were playing it right. They are not. Over … Continue reading
I tried logging into my ebay account last night from Nigel’s computer, and this is what I got after successfully entering my password: I have no idea what my phone number from 1999 (or was it earlier?) is, and I … Continue reading
I’d love to get into the numbers in the recent changes to eBay, but it is too hard on this iPhone. But regardless, here are my top 10 suggestions for change at eBay: 1: allow google checkout and integrate it. … Continue reading
Googling for “lover” I noticed that eBay had taken out an adwords ad: Clicking through (gee – had they started an online dating service?), I found an interesting array of… nothing in particular. So – freshen up those ad-words eBay. … Continue reading
Go to m.trademe.co.nz – even from your mac (or PC if you really must) browser. It’s simple, stark even and light. A staggering 6.9k home page, versus 292kb for the www home page. Forget about browsing any way but by … Continue reading
Here is one for Westlife. A lost opportunity for Trade Me perhaps, but ticketing is a tough market to get into as it is all about tying up the suppliers of the tickets. However, given that, Trade Me (or whomever) … Continue reading
Not bad – strong profit growth of 40% versus last year, with Trade Me and Digital leading the way. Trade Me showed $32m in EBIT, which is for the 6 month period to December 2007. That, apparently, puts them at … Continue reading
Massive changes today announced for eBay’s economic model, in response, I take, to the increasing power of Amazon and Google. Listing fees down 25 to 50%, especially for bigger sellers Gallery is free final value fees (commissions) are up – … Continue reading