Kiwis – Get $50 of free Electricity! from FlowerPower at Powershop. Sign up
science experiments… on Infratil stock split Ricki Kingi on BurgerFuel: value or not? Dave on BNZ Sucks: Verified by Visa… don on If nobody owns your mortgage n… warwick on Who is the biggest bookstore o… Mary on Your time is nigh Ticketek. Re… Mike on Well done NZX diana on If nobody owns your mortgage n… bossalphamonkey on MiniMonos is closing; MinoMons… Jim on MiniMonos is closing; MinoMons…
- Investing on the dot – Syft
- Well done NZX
- MiniMonos is closing; MinoMonsters is hiring.
- Integrity: What to do if your academic paper is challenged
- Electrickery – 10 alternative suggestions for changing NZ’s electricity industry
- New Zealand’s tourists are very very happy
- Can we replace the Tiwai smelter with a data center?
- Let’s stop hurting our container opening dock and warehouse workers
- Stand firm Meridian on Tiwai – we can all win here
- Novopay is Not Found
- If nobody owns your mortgage note then you are in luck
- How to have a US iTunes account on your iPad, iPhone, Apple TV
- Comparing New Zealand to The United States.
- Free Rice: Addictive, but is it a scam?
- About Lance
- Investing on the dot - Syft
- Posts I like
- MiniMonos is closing; MinoMonsters is hiring.
- Domain squatting is an asshat thing to do
- Off we go. #brassmonkey yfrog.com/nwtm0tej – 1 hour ago
- @dylanbland it’s a personal bugbear as well. My take is not popular - put the price up a lot. Legit users don’t mind paying. @jordantcarter – 15 hours ago
- @jordantcarter sounds like you need a personal trainer. Or an alarm clock app. – 17 hours ago
- @fastchicken do you hook your NAS to the airport, or connect directly? @nikz – 17 hours ago
- @stevenljoyce Aha. Hadn’t linked them together. Those reports are excellent. mbie.govt.nz/what-we-do/bus… – 18 hours ago
- @stevenljoyce Is there an updated version of the Economic Development Action Plan showing progress (with numbers)?: stevenjoyce.co.nz/economic_devel… – 20 hours ago
- @alistairnz It is - next week. I’m pre-positioning the bike in Nelson as I have to be in Dunedin and Auckland Tue and Wed. – 20 hours ago
- @juhasaarinen Sea, forest and grass and sun. Fantastic riding conditions… – 20 hours ago
- Tomorrow I motorcycle to Wellington. I wonder what the weather will be like? http://t.co/Aot1HBYpWi – 20 hours ago
- Pretty exciting to see Pre-registrations arrive for Punakaiki Fund. Here: punakaikifund.co.nz – 1 day ago
Subscribe to RSS
DisclaimerThese opinions are my own, and not that of any of my current or former clients.
Category Archives: NZ Business
Some early stage investment is speculative, and other investment is into a steady growth curve. Christchurch based mass spectrometer company Syft seemed to never want to emerge from the speculative early stage, absorbing over $30m of investment and revenue without … Continue reading
NZX – MRP – Mighty River Power, originally uploaded by LanceWiggs. A lot of people are visiting the NZX.com site today, with one thing on their mind – the Mighty River Power float. How delightful when we see in NZX … Continue reading
No – they are not the same company. Sadly Kiwi Melissa Clark-Reynolds’ MiniMonos is closing down. It’s a virtual world for kids full of monkeys, and seems to have had a good run, so this is a tough time for … Continue reading
In the news recently is University of Massachusetts Amherst economics doctoral student Thomas Herndon, who reworked a very influential paper, and found some real calculation errors. He dug into the “Growth in a Time of Debt” paper by Harvard’s Carmen Reinhart and … Continue reading
<update = 10:20, Friday morning I’ve edited this post since publishing last night.> Let’s have a look at the Greens proposal to reduce electricity prices. I’m entering this as a sceptic, but also as founder of Powerkiwi [join!]. Powerkiwi sold … Continue reading
Buried in this MBIE report on the tourism outcome from the 2011 Rugby World cup was this chart: The little red pice of the left hand side of the bottom bar represents the percentage of people who gave their trip … Continue reading
(I was going to save this for Nine To Noon tomorrow, where I’m doing the technology segment, but things are moving fast. But do listen in) A few people have muttered, sometimes out loud, that one possibility for the apparently … Continue reading
About a year and a quarter ago I was lucky enough to do some consulting work for Syft Technologies, a technology led company with a better mass spectrometer. They were well known for a few years, and even listed for … Continue reading
Patrick Smellie reports in the NBR that Meridian are unlikely to reach an agreement with Rio Tinto on renegotiating the 18 year electricity supply agreement for Tiwai aluminium smelter. I guess it’s time I should weigh in, and support Meridian in standing firm. … Continue reading
Not Found, originally uploaded by LanceWiggs. A real basic failure from Novopay that is symptomatic of the much greater issues. Even now, months after launch, the site does not resolve unless you type the full http://www.novopay.govt.nz. I have not typed … Continue reading
Lightknight is receiving customer interest, reports Christopher Adams from the NZHerald (no paywall yet). So I thought I’d check them out. I had no idea I could also give them a big order. It seems like a good product – lights … Continue reading
Nothing advanced here, originally uploaded by LanceWiggs. A search for my site on Google shows only one post has an Advanced reading level – and it was written by my father. Read what you like into that.
Over on 200Square Grant Wakelin wonders whether some house auctions are illegal: ..real estate sales and auctions are governed by among other things the Real Estate Agents Act 2008. Under those rules there is a case to argue that property … Continue reading
Good news: A US-based site for doing the legal documents for venture capital backed start-ups in the USA. It’s not the first, but it does seem lovely to use, and they have yCombinator’s General Counsel as an advisor. Bad news: … Continue reading