I increasingly don’t understand the purpose of Linked-In. They were a nice way of connecting to business contacts, but are and will always be a lousy way of doing anything else.
As they add ‘friend’ updates, news and so forth the real messages (which is who doing what) becomes lost, and the entire business less useful.
Other Governance Roles
Aaron Bhatnagar on What can we learn from Wynyard… Siena Denton (@fury1… on What can we learn from Wynyard… Kainic on Learning from Theranos Sheldon Nesdale on 20 Obvious things for Auckland… Leif Green on 20 Obvious things for Auckland…
- What can we learn from Wynyard's Voluntary Administration?
- Blame directors for failure, CEOs for success
- Free Rice: Addictive, but is it a scam?
- How to win at team building exercises
- If nobody owns your mortgage note then you are in luck
- Punakaiki Fund: 2016 Annual Report
- About Lance
- Comparing Trade Me and eBay by the numbers
- Organic Torpedo7 beats inept inorganic Ferrit
- Status page for @BNZ outage: status.bnz.co.nz • 36 minutes ago
- BNZ mobile and web banking is down. That’s pretty much the whole bank then. https://t.co/9dvp3wA5Ol • 37 minutes ago
- Read a Hacker News comment from 23 minutes ago that you think is relevant to @raygunio…. then see @traskjd has already replied to it. • 1 hour ago
- @jeffreyhoffmann private or public - raising money without a plan to get back to cash flow positive is nuts. • 1 hour ago
- @jeffreyhoffmann Indeed - the board needs to make it happen. We discount for liquidity & control - in reality it’s often better private • 1 hour ago
- RT @SiobhanBulfin: " Let’s hope that from the ashes we can see emerge a smaller but much stronger company." amen to that. https://t.co/SbjR… • 2 hours ago
- @jeffreyhoffmann Yes - we adjust down for other unhealthy SaaS metrics. But revenue trumps all. • 2 hours ago
- @jeffreyhoffmann SaaS companies should be able to remove a lot of costs and milk at any time. So no growth = milk. • 2 hours ago
- @jeffreyhoffmann at zero growth the market comparison regression we did values a company at 2xARR. • 2 hours ago
- What can we learn from Wynyard’s Voluntary Administration? lancewiggs.com/2016/10/25/wha… https://t.co/bdSq5rYRTI • 3 hours ago
DisclaimerThese opinions are my own.