Other Governance Roles
Kainic on Learning from Theranos Sheldon Nesdale on 20 Obvious things for Auckland… Leif Green on 20 Obvious things for Auckland… Lance Wiggs on Do we live in a tax parad… Jon Pawley on Do we live in a tax parad…
- Remove yourself from love lover and crush calculator txts
- Free Rice: Addictive, but is it a scam?
- Mapping your Linked In connections
- BNZ doesn't get it. Time to change banks
- Oh Telecom XT - you were doing so well
- Comparing New Zealand to The United States.
- Between Electric bikes and motorbikes
- Expedia.co.nz launches - Good or Bad?
- If nobody owns your mortgage note then you are in luck
- Air New Zealand challenges loyal customers to move elsewhere
- @aardvarsk gofundme? • 8 hours ago
- @pierre_s Apple - Not sure whether/how the google app works with the watch. • 8 hours ago
- @pierre_s It’s not bad - buzzes for attention before each corner. • 8 hours ago
- RT @TroyBaisden: Great media linking CO2 to climate change implications accompanied development of C-14 dating in New Zealand, 1957. @revki… • 19 hours ago
- RT @mikiszikszai: Anyone around Warkworth who can loan a MacBook power supply to one of our team ? Local NoelLeeming out of stock and it's… • 1 day ago
- @nyuji you can always say that you've been skiing. #suntan • 1 day ago
- @StuFlemingNZ reVolting. • 1 day ago
- RT @H20FrntDsgn: In Auckland city, Council removed parking, retail hospo rose 440%. We need city leaders to #BeBrave. @SEQMayors @Team_Quir… • 1 day ago
- RT @nytopinion: Australia’s abominable off-shore refugee detention system must be shut down. nyti.ms/2eLTZYi https://t.co/5XUxdKp4Qz • 2 days ago
- @benkepes it's a miracle! • 2 days ago
DisclaimerThese opinions are my own.
Category Archives: NZ Business
The last round of VC investors into Theranos makes for somber reading. In March 2015 Theranos raised an estimated US$573 million for their 6th round, making a total of $750 million raised. Their 7th round, for $200m, has apparently blown up … Continue reading
We can easily forget that most people don’t read Transport Blog, find The High Cost of Free Parking obvious or understand that great cities are great to walk in – and lousy to drive in. Many of us have lived overseas though, and we … Continue reading
For a society that provides a full range of services aren’t we remarkably low-taxed in New Zealand? I was comparing notes with my Australian-based brother this week, and the differences are stark. Our top income tax rate is 33%, and we … Continue reading
Crosspost from Punakaiki Fund. New Investment: NZ Artesian Water We’ve seen plenty of headlines recently about offshore companies bottling our water and making fortunes. So when I met Nelson-based Kiwis Andrew Strang and Wayne Herring through a Better by Capital engagement, I was eager to … Continue reading
At Punakaiki Fund we like to keep things simple, and we encourage other investors and all founders to do the same. However in past years the contracts used for many NZ-VIF/SCIF deals have been arguably quite toxic against founders, and these … Continue reading
New Zealand’s traditional leadership in agriculture is due to our land, climate, hard work and invention from generations of farmers, and our universities and business that have supported them with increasingly valuable technology. But our position is under threat, not today, but in the medium term … Continue reading