Other Governance Roles
Euan Mason on John – the real issue he… Jason Kemp (@dialogC… on Could Auckland attract or reta… John-Daniel Trask on Could Auckland attract or reta… MichaelRS on Stop complaining about rates i… LennyBoy on Stop complaining about rates i…
- If nobody owns your mortgage note then you are in luck
- If it sounds too good to be true - it is
- Free Rice: Addictive, but is it a scam?
- Linewize Acquired by Family Zone (ASX:FZO)
- MiniMonos is closing; MinoMonsters is hiring.
- RSS feeds now on Stuff
- BNZ doesn't get it. Time to change banks
- Could Auckland attract or retain the next Amazon?
- Remove yourself from love lover and crush calculator txts
- Comparing New Zealand to The United States.
- @blauerpunto Be sure to post the results :-) • 7 hours ago
- In which @NZNationalParty seems intent on spending years in the wilderness of opposition. Act like adults if you ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… • 7 hours ago
- @blauerpunto Scratch/etc the surface as it develops. • 9 hours ago
- @DEPowell @Speedtest UFB 1g. Via @vibecomnz Stuff fibre can do the same. • 9 hours ago
- RT @ToddScottNBR: @lancewiggs I thought Plunket quit Twitter, he should have stayed quit. • 17 hours ago
- @DEPowell @Speedtest speedtest.net/my-result/i/23… Wifi to phone • 20 hours ago
- @HopefulEntity @rantydave @skysportnz We should not promote him by giving him a platform. • 20 hours ago
- I worry about Plunket when I see these tweets - he’s not in a healthy space. I hope someone is reaching out to him. twitter.com/SeanPlunket/st… • 1 day ago
- @HopefulEntity @rantydave @skysportnz We don’t. Look at the people resigning for a lot less for events that happened years ago. • 1 day ago
- RT @TheEconomist: Among economists, there is near-universal acceptance that immigration generates huge benefits econ.st/2hKnA2Y htt… • 1 day ago
DisclaimerThese opinions are my own.
Category Archives: Investing
“Chief executive Charles Anderson said the level of qualification among the SovNet force varied from nothing more than high school exams through to a handful with university degrees.” Maria Slade, NZHerald That’s the CE from Sovereign, an insurance company, and … Continue reading
Sky’s results came out this week – and while subscriber numbers grew the financial results were at the low end of expectations. I feel that their product is disappointing – with too much rugby translating into a general loss of … Continue reading
These are notes from a whiteboard session that I led at BarCamp on Saturday. There were plenty of people in the room for the end of day session, and we had an excellent discussion. We were trying to answer the … Continue reading
I’ve been getting an increasing number of ideas over the transom over the last few weeks. It started before the radio interview last week, accelerated because of that, and tomorrow it seems I’m in the latest issue of Idealog. It’s … Continue reading
Over at the SEC is an excellent letter from Richard E Middlekauff – who just resigned from the board of Heelys, Inc – a shoe company. Here’s why: 1: The shareholders are not maximising their return after the company was … Continue reading
Notes from Seth Klarman’s speech at Columbia Business School is, interestingly, the most popular clicked-on link from here, coming from The Baupost Story post. So let’s do a round up of coverage, find some more reading on the Baupost story … Continue reading
Prof Shiller (remember him from “Irrational Exuberance) has partnered with George A Akerlof in a strangely titled new book: Animal Spirits. I’m recommending it even before reading it. It’s basically about why we don’t behave as rational consumers when faced … Continue reading