Other Governance Roles
Stuart on eScooters and eBikes – l… John Eadie on Yale versus NZ Super Asset… Noel Eichbaum on Yale versus NZ Super Asset… Dan on A Letter to Shane Ellison… aireyng on A Letter to Shane Ellison…
- Free Rice: Addictive, but is it a scam?
- If nobody owns your mortgage note then you are in luck
- Remove yourself from love lover and crush calculator txts
- AirNZ auctions themselves to the lowest bidder
- Earthwise Valley scam
- Where does the NZ Government get money?
- Unsafe New Zealand work practices - Quay street, Auckland
- A Letter to Shane Ellison - CEO of Auckland Transport
- About Lance
- Males only?
- @davejacksonz Yup. Worst offenders have been Commercial Bay - huge plates of steel 20 stories high over countless c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… • 1 hour ago
- China demand has peaked for road fuel oil Switch to EVs will be much faster than incumbent industry predicts Oil ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… • 1 hour ago
- RT @GregorMacdonald: 2/ Sales of ICE vehicles peaked in China in 2017 at 28.102 million units. In 2017, EV sold 777 thousand units but it w… • 1 hour ago
- I have lost count of the number of dangerous lifts I have seen in NZ. I hope the worker is ok - this is a fatal nea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… • 1 hour ago
- @lawgeeknz @barnaclebarnes @juhasaarinen @ChrisKeall Lime does this already offshore and I highly suspect Airbnb do… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… • 3 hours ago
- More Xiamen today https://t.co/tfN2enG52S • 17 hours ago
- Xiamen today https://t.co/KgIcAHzTiP • 17 hours ago
- RT @BillClinton: Jack Bogle was a brilliant and good man who proved that the measure of a successful life and career is more than wealth al… • 23 hours ago
- @nickliveshere Yes. And Apple Pay is often meant to work but lol no it’s just credit cards all over again. I’ve fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… • 1 day ago
- @SiouxsieW Perhaps read the research referred to by this to either make us all feel better or not. (Seriously - the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… • 1 day ago
DisclaimerThese opinions are my own.
Category Archives: Investing
“Chief executive Charles Anderson said the level of qualification among the SovNet force varied from nothing more than high school exams through to a handful with university degrees.” Maria Slade, NZHerald That’s the CE from Sovereign, an insurance company, and … Continue reading
Sky’s results came out this week – and while subscriber numbers grew the financial results were at the low end of expectations. I feel that their product is disappointing – with too much rugby translating into a general loss of … Continue reading
These are notes from a whiteboard session that I led at BarCamp on Saturday. There were plenty of people in the room for the end of day session, and we had an excellent discussion. We were trying to answer the … Continue reading
I’ve been getting an increasing number of ideas over the transom over the last few weeks. It started before the radio interview last week, accelerated because of that, and tomorrow it seems I’m in the latest issue of Idealog. It’s … Continue reading
Over at the SEC is an excellent letter from Richard E Middlekauff – who just resigned from the board of Heelys, Inc – a shoe company. Here’s why: 1: The shareholders are not maximising their return after the company was … Continue reading
Notes from Seth Klarman’s speech at Columbia Business School is, interestingly, the most popular clicked-on link from here, coming from The Baupost Story post. So let’s do a round up of coverage, find some more reading on the Baupost story … Continue reading
Prof Shiller (remember him from “Irrational Exuberance) has partnered with George A Akerlof in a strangely titled new book: Animal Spirits. I’m recommending it even before reading it. It’s basically about why we don’t behave as rational consumers when faced … Continue reading